Leg or foot pain is widespread among adults and the most common reason for this is plantar fasciitis. It is a condition that is caused by the damage or strain of the ligaments in the part of the foot called the fascia. The fascia is a bunch of fibers that run at the sole of the feet on the underside from the heel to the toes, it is known to be a pearlescent white layer of tissue. The fascia are strong enough to bear the entire weight of the body when the toes are used to balance the weight of the body when stretching out or when walking or running. It can, however be hurt or injured when jumping, standing for too long or moving in ways that are wrong.
Symptoms of Plantar Fasciitis
The first indication is pain. Pain along the sole of the feet and heels, it will feel like the skin, along with the tissue under it hurts. The pain is most prominent when stepping on the foot first thing in the morning, climbing out of bed, or when jumping, even if it is just jumping off a chair.
Causes of Plantar Fasciitis
The condition may not affect everyone, but are more likely to get to those who face:
- Repeated impact to the foot and heel, many jobs or just lifestyle can be responsible for it.
- Running, dancing, marching or like activities affect and may worsen underlying injury.
- Previous ankle injury, obesity, and stifness of the ankle, including long hours spent standing, can be a definite cause.
- Improper shoes, especially when running or exercising.
- Flat-footed people
- Sudden increase in running or training
- Some existing medical problems like arthritis, spondylitis or past injuries.
Interested in Learning More about Plantar Fasciitis? Contact Houston Foot and Ankle Care
If you are interested in learning more about plantar fasciitis and its treatment, or other heel problems, then contact Houston Foot and Ankle Care. We are situated in Houston, Texas and can be reached directly at (713) 541-3199.