Podiatrists are the most qualified individuals to work on your feet, and Dr. Maislos is no exception. He is an award-winning foot doctor in Houston whose passion lies in correcting disorders of the foot and ankle. Regardless of the complexity of your foot disorders, Dr. Maislos is qualified to address your particular needs, whether it’s a sports injury, a cosmetic issue, or effects from a debilitating accident.
Enduring foot pain is not a normal part of life. Pain is your body’s way of telling you that something needs to be fixed. Please don’t feel that you need to live with heel pain, irritating bunions, or sore feet from diabetes. There are many types of foot problems and a variety of ways in addressing them—from inserting orthotics into your shoes to undergoing surgery. We can help you no matter your need. Please don’t hesitate to contact Dr. Maislos, your Houston foot doctor.
What you can expect from Dr. Maislos is a professional and caring experience built on trust and an accurate diagnosis. We listen to your needs and discuss the treatments with you in understandable terms so you are fully aware of your treatment options.
Dr. Maislos is a foot specialist that ultimately cares about his patients and will go the extra mile to ensure you are well cared for. Being a podiatrist in Houston is not just a job for Dr. Maislos but a passion that drives him to deliver the best service and treatment to his patients.
Dr. Gabriel Maislos is a Board Certified podiatrist and has many specific foot and ankle related certifications in effort to stay on top of trends and modern technology.
Bachelor of Science, Biology
Dr. William M. Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine
Doctorate of Podiatric Medicine
POSTGRADUATE TRAINING RESIDENCY:
Houston Podiatric Foundation
- Board Certified in Foot Surgery. American Board of Podiatric Surgery
- Board Certified in Prevention and Treatment of Diabetic Foot Wound by American Board of Multiple Specialties in Podiatry
- Fellow of Association of Extremety Nerve Surgeons
- Board Qualified in Foot Surgery by American Board of Lower Extremety Surgery
- Fellow of American College of Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Diplomate of American Board of Podiatric Surgery
CERTIFICATIONS | FELLOWSHIPS:
- OssaTron-Extracorpareal Shockwave Therapy (SanuWave, Inc). Houston, TX. 2001.
- Expanding Lower Extremity Care (Langer, Inc). Houston, TX. 2003.
- ISOGARD SYSTEM – Plantar Fasciotomy (Koby Surgical, Inc) Houston, TX. March 2003.
- ISOGARD SYSTEM – Morton’s Neuroma Decompression (Koby Surgical, Inc). March 2003.
- Endoscopic Decompression of Intermetatarsal Neuroma II (Instratek, Inc). Houston, TX. June 2003.
- Endoscopic Plantar Fasciotomy (Instratek, Inc). Houston, TX. June 2003.
- Ankle Arthroscopy (American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons). Chicago, IL. December 2004.
- Flash Lamp Pulsed Dye and CO2 Lasers. Houston, TX. May 2004.
- Wound-Vacuum Assisted Closure Seminar (KCI, Inc). Houston, TX. 2005.
- Aesthetic Podiatry Seminar (International Aesthetic Foot Society). New York, NY. 2005.
- Lower Extremity Peripheral Nerve Surgery Course. Baltimore, MD. July 2007.
- Union Memorial Hospital – Dr. Lee Dellon, Professor of Neurology. John Hopkins School of Medicine. July 2007.
- Pinpointe Laser Certification. Houston, TX. May 2009.
- Diplomate, American Board of Podiatric Surgery
- Fellow, American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
- Fellow, Association of the Extremity Nerve Surgeons
- The University of Texas Student Research Abstracts, Vol. VII, Summer 1995. “Enhancement of Polio Virus Infection Using Low Speed Centrifugation Adsorption”.
- Complicated Skin Structure Infection (CSSI): 5
- Uncomplicated Skin Infections: 2
- Diabetic Foot Infections: 2
- Ankle Pain Study: 1
TEACHING & STAFF APPOINTMENTS:
- Attending for Harris County Podiatric Residency Program.
- Attending for Houston Podiatric Foundation Residency Program.
- Medical Director of Cornerstone Wound Care Clinic. 2007.
- Visiting Professor of Surgery at Monterrey, Mexico Podiatry School.
PRINCIPLE AND SUBPRINCIPLE INVESTIGATOR IN THE FOLLOWING CLINICAL TRIALS:
- “A Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study of Ceftobripole Versus Vancomycin and Ceftazidime in Patients with Skin Infections” 2005-2006 (Johnson and Johnson)
- SCRAPE study by GSK (Glaxo Smith Kline) 2008
- A double blind study comparing PTK-0796 to Zyvox, Phase II study. Leading enrollment site.
- A randomized, Evaluator-Blinded, Phase 2 Study to compare the safety of PTK 0796-CSSI-0702 with Linezolid in the treatment of adults with Complicated Skin and Skin Structure Infections (Protocol Number: PTK 0796-CSSI-0702 PARATEK)
- Protocol Title: A Phase 3, Multicenter, Double-Blind, Comparative study to evaluate the safety and efficacy of Cefttaroline vs. Vancomycin in Adult Subjects with Complicated Skin and Skin Structure Infection. (Study Number: P903-07)
- Protocol TAR-ORI-SD001: Nuvicid (Oritavancin) at Single or Infrequent Doses for the treatment of complicated skin and skin structure infections (TARGANTA)
- A randomized, double-blind, multicenter study of RX-3341 compared to Tigecycline for the treatment of complicated skin and skin infections (Rib-X RX3341-201)
- A randomized, double-blind, multicenter, placebo-controlled, Phase III Superiority Study to assess the safety and efficacy of Topical Retapamulin Ointment 1% vs. Placebo ointment applied twice daily for five days in the treatment of adult and Pediatric subjects with secondarily-infected traumatic lesions (GSK TOC110977)
- A phase 3 randomized, double-blind, multicenter study comparing the efficacy and safety of 6-day Oral TR-701 free Acid and 10-day Oral Linezolid for the treatment of Acute Bacterial skin structural infections.
- A randomized, double-blind, parallel-group, vehicle and standard of care-controlled phase 3 Clinical trial to evaluate the efficacy and safety of DSC127 in treating non-healing foot ulcers in subjects with Diabetes Mellitus.
- A randomized, prospective, double-blind, vehicle-controlled, dose-ranging, multi-center study to assess the safety and clinical effect of Nexagon in the treatment of subjects with a diabetic foot ulcer.
MEMBERSHIP IN PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES:
- Harris County Podiatric Medical Association President (2008-2009)
- American Podiatric Medical Association Young Members Program (2003-Present)
- Texas Podiatric Medical Association (2003-Present)
- Harris County Podiatric Medical Association(2003-Present)
- Fellow in American College of Foot & Ankle Surgery
- International Aesthetic Foot Society Founding Member
- Ethics and Credentialing Committee at Memorial Southwest Hospital
- Top Doctor H Magazine (2010 & 2011)
- Best Docs Network (2012-2013)
- Memorial Hermann Southwest Hospital. 2003-Present.
- Fluent in Spanish